Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Maybe it's Just Boredom Talking...

Maybe dissillusionment.
Or maybe I'm tired of playing by the rules, when the rules seem not to apply to times like these or people like me. So, my dreams of becoming a hobo may have faded over time (boxcars are a vertical leap only a foot shorter than me, and I've too much common sense... or too strong the will to live... to attempt to board a moving vehical of that size and weight. I've seen what pennies look like when they've been run over, and I'd be a lot messier and not nearly as shiny and pretty).

But I am giving careful thought to becoming an urban adventurer. Let's face it. I haven't much more to lose financially, my life plans have not all worked the way I've expected, and as an artist- with the right people, timing and wording- any controversy could easily be made into publicity. (There are other reasons why this may not be a terrible idea, but these are the ones that come to me at 2 in the morning.)

And what is more art than the mundane, the out of place, the unexpected, the whimsical in life?

No comments: