Sunday, September 28, 2008

Dear Mr. Almost Was,

I'm sorry we didn't work out. It was probably my fault, as I tend to psyche myself out, and assume that you must be so much more serious about us than I am or want to be, when I know that is just a projection of my own fear. You never suffocated me, I pulled the plastic over my own freedom. I never should have confessed my feelings if I wasn't prepared to deal with reciprocation, and I may have hurt you- I most definitely confused you quite enough- and for that I am truly sorry. I'm glad that we are still on speaking terms, even if we are distanced by our busy lives. Maybe neither of us was prepared to take the time, and maybe it wasn't meant to be because we are too much alike. Regardless, I like think we are both on the path to our own fortunes, whatever that might mean, and I wish you nothing but the best in life.
Sincerely,
Lepisma Saccharina

No comments: